This twist on a rustic salad -inspired by the Feed Zone Table Cookbook - highlights the unique flavors + textures of peppery radicchio, sweet charred broccoli, tart lemon and crunchy toasted bread in balance. When you add rotisserie chicken you have a meal that comes together quickly and sates appetites for a satisfying lunch at home or on the go, or even a weeknight dinner.
Torn Bread Radicchio Salad w/Roasted Broccoli + Rotisserie Chicken
- half a loaf of rustic bread
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided plus more to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces broccoli, florets and stems trimmed thinly
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 small head radicchio, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- red chili flakes (optional, to taste)
- 1 prepared rotisserie chicken
Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Coarsely tear the bread into large chunks and place on a baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the outer edges are toasted.
While the bread is toasting, toss the broccoli in 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place the broccoli on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in the same oven as the bread until charred in spots, about 20-25 minutes.
Lastly, toast the walnuts for just 5-7 minutes until fragrant. Remove all roasted ingredients from the oven and turn off.
In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Just before serving, combine the toasted bread and radicchio in a large bowl with the warm broccoli, nuts and rotisserie chicken. Drizzle with olive oil, parmesan, red pepper flakes. Enjoy!